SitusAMC Asset Management (SAM) is a leading provider of primary servicing for investors who require superior commercial real estate insight, across all property types in the US and Europe. Our clients and partners typically retain credit risk in senior and subordinate loan structures, including mezzanine, A/B subordinated positions, participations, collateralized debt obligations (CDOs) and commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS).
Our clients generally consist of insurance companies, private equity, opportunity and hedge funds, who retain credit risk, and require a higher level of CRE asset management experience, and/or private labeling customer support.
Our SitusAMC SAM team is seeking a qualified professional for its Specialist II, Portfolio Management role.
Under the direction of the Relationship Manager and/or Senior Asset Manager, Portfolio Manager will have day to day management responsibility of assigned loans and/or real estate properties
Assist in the management of a portfolio of highly structured commercial real estate loans, while adhering to company policies and procedures.
· Day to day management of assigned loans, including communication with Borrowers and Lenders/Investors.
· Build relationships with clients when appropriate as it relates to conference calls, face-to-face meetings, and written correspondence
· Assisting with or managing the processing of borrower requests and consents
· When applicable, correspond with Sponsors/Borrowers for updates on any property-level concerns, including Capital Expenditure Projects, leasing progress, Construction Status
· Coordinate new portfolio and new loan servicing including collection of all necessary loan documents, obtaining contact information for all relevant parties and ensuring accurate boarding in the loan servicing system.
· Reconcile and review various reports including billing statements, release statements, payoff statements and remittance reports as required to ensure Situs high standards are achieved in terms of quality, accuracy and completeness.
· Update and monitor loan specific information in the loan servicing system
· Quickly adapt to internal systems and deliverables with respect to constant evolution of client needs
· Flexibility in schedule with respect to meeting time sensitive client needs
· Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate ‘face to face’ as a team player.
· Have the ability to write proposals, client presentations and finished client work product
· Requires, when appropriate, directing junior level staff in meeting project deadlines
· Recommend and implement new processes and procedures and make enhancements to existing procedures in order to improve efficiency and quality of services
· Assist management in rationalizing reports and client deliverables for existing and new reporting formats and/or proposed changes to reporting requirements
· Assist with compiling document for various audits, attestation reviews and compliance testing (as needed)
· Other duties, responsibilities and ad hoc projects as assigned.
Required Education from an accredited Institution:
· Bachelor’s degree; Preferred Field of Study: Real Estate, Finance/Accounting, Business
Required Work experience requirements
· Minimum 2+ years of experience in Commercial Real Estate Asset Management or related field
Core Competencies for this role:
Strong analytical, problem solving and computer skills with a thorough knowledge of excel
Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills with attention to detail
Work in a team environment yet think independently and generate quality work product with little supervision
Manage multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines
Ability to approach work from more of a “transaction” basis versus “task” basis
Understanding of real estate finance including debt and equity structures
High level understanding of balance sheets and income statements
Excellent reading and comprehension skills
Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
Analytical skills to understand complex commercial loan documents
Strong organizational and time management skills
Understanding of 3rd party reports including appraisals, property condition reports, and environmental reports.
High level understanding of property operating statements for all commercial property types (e.g. hotel, office, multifamily, and self-storage)
Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate ‘face to face’ as a team player
Ability to work in fast-paced environment running multiple tasks under tight deadlines
Ability to quickly come up to speed on Situs business and culture
Advanced knowledge of the following is required:
MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.
MS Excel – intermediate to advanced
Internal Number: 546
SitusAMC is the leading independent provider of advisory, strategic outsourcing, talent, and technology solutions to the real estate finance industry.
Today, the real estate industry is one of the largest asset classes in the world. Yet, compared to others, it is relatively illiquid in both debt and equity investing.
We are committed to changing this.
At SitusAMC we are bringing together comprehensive services and innovative technologies to help our clients identify and capture opportunities across their real estate activity; enhancing transparency, centralizing, managing and connecting data sources, improving transaction speed, and increasing our client’s scalability.
Our commitment to helping our clients identify and capture opportunities is anchored in a larger vision for change in our industry.
We believe the real estate industry of the future will be digitally driven, have data and analytics at the center of all transactions and decision making, and will be characterized by seamless collaboration amongst participants.
We believe SitusAMC is best positioned to lead this change. That’s why we are investing in the talent, services and technology to help see this vision become a reality.